A starting place...

As a teenager, I planned to be a stay-at-home mom. I wanted to raise my children, volunteer at their schools, arrange play dates and make all the family meals from scratch. I was blessed to have spent a short amount of time living that dream, but as time passed the situation changed. My ex-husband had an injury that left him with chronic pain. I needed a degree that would allow me the opportunity to care for my six children. I thought a nursing degree would be a quick fix to my situation.  Unfortunately, the more I thought about cleaning up other peoples bodily fluids and excrements, the more I realized I needed a new career option.  I started asking my classmates what degree they were studying and one girl said she was going to be a pharmacist. I started thinking about my pharmacist and how great he was, he would come out of the pharmacy to offer assistance in medication selection, and always asked about my children.  His excellent service made a huge difference in my life.  I wanted a career that allowed me to learn and grow but still provide service to those I interacted with. Pharmacy was a perfect fit for me and has led me to where I am now. 

An atypical pharmacist.

Comments